Expand the Reach of Your Mass Spectrometer
The CESI 8000 Plus is a valuable accessory for your mass spectrometer which:
- consumes minute amounts (nanoLiters) of samples (<5 µL) with extraordinary sensitivity
- excels at charged and polar metabolites, peptides, and more
- enables high-resolution separation of proteins and protein-complexes
- eliminates ion suppression bias
- is robust and easy-to-use
CESI integrates high efficiency capillary electrophoresis (CE) with electrospray ionization (ESI).This technique allows for ultra-low-flow < 10 nL/min, into the mass spectrometer resulting an overall increase in ionization efficiency.
Multi-MS Connectivity and Multi-Dection Capability
In CESI-MS mode, the CESI 8000 Plus can be connected to all SCIEX Mass Spec models, as well as other selected brands. In stand-alone CE mode, UV/VIS, PDA, or Laser-Induced Fluorescence (LIF) detection can be selected. This allows for off-line method development using multiple detection modes.
Connecting the CESI 8000 Plus to your MS is as easy as plug and spray. Simply click the OptiMS cartridge tip into the source adapter.
Zero Dead-Volume Design
A single continuous separation capillary is contained within the OptiMS cartridge, with the same internal diameter from sample to spray. This design:
- Does not require lengthy column equilibration
- Eliminates sample carry-over
- Reduces sample-to-sample injection time
- Increases robustness
- Offers a selection of capillary surfaces; bare-fused silica or neutral
Simply select one of the pre-loaded methods, follow visuals to place samples and reagents, and hit START. The layout of the user interface mimics the instrument to enable direct tracking of sample contents.
Mobile Design for Multiple MS Instruments
The CESI 8000 Plus comes equipped with an electric height adjustable mobile lab bench – switching between nanoLC and CESI-MS is swift and simple.