What makes SCIEX OS Software 1.4 different from previous releases? And why should you upgrade? Keep reading this blog if you’re wondering what made the latest release.
Built from your feedback, the new release focuses on user experience, productivity, and safety so you can focus on what matters most, running your laboratory at peak performance. We also plan to release incremental updates, so you don’t have to wait to benefit from new features.
Without a doubt, analytical laboratories need LC-MS software and systems that can process increasing volumes of data faster and across a broader spectrum of instruments.
Today, with SCIEX OS Software you can benefit from three distinct products in one which means a single, consistent user experience across all your SCIEX LC and LC-MS platforms. Different modules focus on specific tasks, such as acquisition, quantitative, or qualitative analysis.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you need to upgrade today:
1) Streamlined data processing and smarter, quicker data review
- Automatic outlier removal: During the creation of a calibration curve for an assay, this feature automates the removal of standard points that are outside the acceptance criteria. It reduces the time required to create calibrations, especially in applications with many compounds with different linear range and sensitivity
- Standard addition: Using the built-in standard addition feature, you can quantitate analytes in complex samples with high background, or for which surrogate standards are not readily available
- Grouping peaks by adduct and charge: In non-targeted workflows, you can enable this feature to identify and group adducts and multiply charged species for each compound. This feature reduces the time spent on identifying compounds and increases confidence in the results
- Enhanced results table filtering: All columns in the results table can be filtered and sorted. In addition, the results table shows information about the number of columns filtered, and the number of filters applied
2) Enhanced confidence in results with SWATH® Acquisition + IDA methods
SCIEX OS supports a new acquisition mode that allows you to acquire SWATH and IDA scans in a single injection (X500R and X500B only). This feature enables you to perform compound identification in complex matrices.
3) Comprehensive features and tools to support compliance with 21 CFR Part 11
- Customizable administration to meet the needs of both research and regulatory requirements
- Security and audit tools to support 21 CFR Part 11 compliance for the use of electronic record keeping
- Flexible and effective management of access to critical mass spectrometer functions
- Controlled and audited access to vital data and reports
- Easy security management linking to Microsoft Windows security
4) Saved time, money, and hassle given licensing enhancements
The X-series QTOF MS Systems are powered by the SCIEX OS user interface for simplified ease-of-use and streamlined data acquisition; node-locked licenses are compulsory if a workstation is being used to control the mass spectrometer. SCIEX OS also offers concurrent (“server-based”) licensing to process data for all SCIEX mass spectrometers.
Licenses for acquisition and processing (SCIEX OS) are available as well as licenses for qualitative processing and quantitative processing with newly introduced SCIEX OS-Q and SCIEX OS-MQ Software.
5) Improved security and management backed by Windows 10 Compatibility and Microsoft Office 2016 support
Still not convinced? Contact us to arrange a demo and see it for yourself.