Collection and Recycling Arrangements in the Netherlands
Under the Dutch Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Management Regulations which came into force on January 1st 2005, SCIEX is responsible for the financing of collection and recycling of the following equipment:
- Any electrical and electronic equipment that you bought from SCIEX before August 13th 2005 (referred to as Historic WEEE), which is being replaced by a new piece of equipment bought from SCIEX; and
- Any new electrical and electronic equipment that you buy from SCIEX after August 13th 2005, when that new equipment eventually becomes waste (referred to as New WEEE).
For any other waste electrical and electronic equipment bought before August 13th 2005 which is being replaced by an item of SCIEX electrical and electronic equipment, the environmentally sound disposal of this other equipment is the customers responsibility.
SCIEX products are very competitively priced. Any new increase in operating costs for manufacturers such as SCIEX is normally reflected in a price increase in the product. However, instead of increasing the prices of our products, SCIEX has decided to share these new environmental costs directly with our customers. We believe in being transparent with you on any new environmental costs that our products need to address.
Our approach to sharing these new environmental costs is:
- SCIEX pays for the costs of treatment, recycling and recovery of the WEEE to meet the targets set by the WEEE Management Regulations.
- SCIEX pays for the costs of data management and reporting to the Ministry of Spatial Planning, Housing and The Environment (VROM) to demonstrate compliance with all administrative requirements of the WEEE Management Regulations.
- You pay for transportation of your WEEE to SCIEX's appointed recycler in the Netherlands.
SCIEX has established a recycling contract with the European Advanced Recycling Network (EARN) and will cover the costs of treatment, recycling and recovery of the equipment on arrival at the EARN recycling facility in the Netherlands. All New WEEE that arises from the purchase of SCIEX products is classed as non-hazardous waste.
You should choose to use a Waste Carrier who is suitably authorised to transport non-hazardous waste in the Netherlands. It is your responsibility to arrange and pay for costs of collection and transportation to the EARN recycler. In order to meet the requirements for waste disposal as stipulated by the Environmental Management Act 2004, you can use the following carrier (which holds a valid Waste Carriers licence):
||0800 - 1234
In order to help EARN identify SCIEX equipment upon arrival at the recycler's address, please download the Recycling Label for Dutch Customers. Complete the label with your company details and attach it to a suitable box for transport to EARN.
Recycling Label for Dutch Customers
Alternatively, you may contact EARN directly to arrange for the collection and treatment of the waste. Under these arrangements, SCIEX will cover the costs of collection and transport if arranged for by the EARN recycling partner:
EARN Elektroaltgeräte Service GmbH
Phone: +49 (0)5321 68359-0
Fax: +49 (0)5321 68359-11
EARN will inform their Dutch recycling partner Coolrec BV who will contact you to arrange collection.