The PA 800 Plus integrates qualitative, quantitative, and automated solutions, resulting in generation of highly reproducible data. We have collaborated closely with biopharmaceutical development and QC groups experienced in biologics characterization to create assays to address your analytical challenges.
- Quantitative Protein Purity Analysis with SDS-Gel Capillary Electrophoresiss
- Advanced capillary isoelectric focusing (cIEF) and hi-speed capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE) for charge heterogeneity analysis
- Carbohydrate profiling for assessment of glycoprotein microheterogeneity
Ready-To-Use Cartridges Simplify Purity Assessment
CE-SDS performed using ready-to-use cartridges, pre-assembled with bare fused-silica capillaries, simplifies your workflow and enhances data consistency. Our ready-to-use cartridges ensure precision cut ends and the alignment of capillary windows with the detection path, resulting in consistency of your separations.
Flexibility for Custom Method Development
The PA 800 Plus offers you multiple methods of sample introduction and separation to cover a portfolio of applications:
- Electrokinetic pressure and vacuum injection of samples.
- Sample introduction from either end of the capillary enabling both ultra-fast and high-resolution analyses.
- Separations can be optimized by varying voltage and separation temperature. The combination of voltage and pressure in the SDS-gel assay ensures the gel buffer stays free of air bubbles which can be generated from gel outgassing.
Temperature Control of the Separation Capillary
- The PA 800 Plus uses recirculating liquid coolant to provide effective heat dissipation when performing assays. This temperature control plays an important role in the repeatability of SDS-gel, cIEF and carbohydrate analysis.
Automated Sample Introduction
The PA 800 Plus system also offers fully automated methods and extended sample-handling capability for walkaway operation. Sampling can be performed using 1.8 ml universal vials, 96-well plates and micro vials.
Versatile Modular Detection Capability
For precise, real-time analysis of a variety of assays, the PA 800 Plus offers modular detectors:
- UV detection is important when using photosensitive capillary surfaces.
- Photodiode array detection between 190 and 600 nm allows for baseline subtraction and spectral wavelength analyses.
- A 488 nm solid state laser and laser-induced fluorescence (LIF) detector permits high-sensitivity analysis of labeled molecular species.
Lock Down Methods for Routine Use in QA/QC
In a Q.C. or regulated environment the PA 800 Plus allows you to "lock-down" a method once it is developed in order to retain the integrity of the data. You can assign users different security levels with selected access to: system configuration, methods programming, data reprocessing, specific instrument operation and data comparison. You can use all of these features to "lock down" the system for regulated use or allow access in a "toggled off" state in laboratories where flexibility of operation is the critical issue.
Software As Easy As 1, 2, 3
Intuitive software quickly guides you from set-up through routine system operation. Large icons provide guidance for navigation, while on-screen cues indicate system progress at a glance. Insightful Help menus and descriptive system prompts simplify operator learning, making transfer of PA 800 Plus technology to other analysts easier.
Using the External Detector Adapter Cartridge, the PA 800 Plus may be interfaced with mass spectrometry using a sheath-flow ESI interface.
For high sensitivity applications we recommend the CESI 8000 High Performance Separation - ESI Module. With the CESI 8000, stable spray is achieved at ultra-low flow rates (<10 nl/min) resulting in the following benefits:
- Ion suppression bias is virtually eliminated
- Ionization efficiency maximized giving an overall increase in sensitivity
- No detectable sample carryover
Variable Pressure and Vacuum
The PA 800 Plus operates with all common rinsing protocols, regulating them with a pressure-handling capability of -5 to 100 p.s.i. Capillary conditioning is accomplished by moving specific volumes of electrolytes, gels, regenerants and cleaning solutions through the capillary.