Sample preparation is a key element of protein quantitation studies, and can be time-consuming for larger numbers of samples. As the complexity of protein quantitation workflows increases, it is important to have a simple protein preparation protocol which leaves the user free to focus on other aspects of their experiment.
SCIEX has partnered with Beckman to deliver a simple, automated solution for protein digestion. Unlike manual protein preparation kits, the SCIEX kit has been validated and optimized to work on the Biomek liquid handling workstation. The Biomek workstation comes pre-loaded with the protein preparation automation method, including a reagent calculator to adjust reagent volumes based on the number of samples.
- Includes reagents for protein denaturation, reduction, and alkylation
- Includes TPCK treated trypsin for enzymatic digestion of proteins
- Can process up to 96 samples at a time
- Simple-to-use interface using the Biomek automation method
- Reagent calculator included in the method to adjust reagent volumes for the number of samples
Figure 1: Typical protein preparation workflow for LC/MS quantitation studies
|Protein Preparation Kit||Denaturant, 1 vial
Reducing reagent, 1 vial
Cysteine-blocking reagent, 1 vial
|Trypsin, TPCK-treated||Trypsin, 10 vials||4445250|