B52521 P/ACE™ MDQ Plus, Sample Temperature Control with UV/Vis Detection, Optional DAD & Optional LIF
The system includes a selectable-wavelength high sensitivity modular UV/Vis detector (includes 200, 214, 230 and 254 nm filters to optimize analyte specificity), UV source optics, temperature-controlled sample storage module and 32 Karat™ Software configured on a desktop controller. Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification 1 (OQ1) and documentation to aid in software validation is also included.
- Built-in auto-sampler and programmable array of 36 pairs of buffers
- Exclusive circulating liquid, precisely regulates capillary temperature
- Sample temperature control
- Integrated interchangeable detector modules
- Methods development with 36 position buffer array
- Optional modular detectors: Diode Array and Single or Dual Wavelength laser induced fluorescence
- CAESAR integration algorithms
- Automatic standards co-injection
- Multi-mode electrokinetic, pressure and vacuum sample introduction
- Internal fluidic system with variable pressure or vacuum
- Robust sample interface
- Sample from vials, micro vials or 96-well plates
- Fully programmable separation methods
- Easy to maintain
A robust sample injection design for demanding analytical requirements
Automated Sample Handling - The P/ACE MDQ Plus system offers fully automated methods and extended sample-handling capability for walkaway operation.
- Sampling can be performed using 1.8 ml universal vials, 96-well plates and micro vials.
- Precision-molded polymethylpentene universal vials accommodate run buffer, sample and micro vials.
Quick-Change Electrodes - System electrodes and vial cap openers simplify user interaction, are designed to assure high strength and rigidity and are easily removed for maintenance.
Universal Vial and Cap Design - Prevents the capillary and electrode from physically interacting with the caps, creates a better seal, ultimately allowing for a robust, clean sample interface.
Sample Interface - Provides a robust pressure seal ensuring accurate and reproducible data.
Built-in auto-sampler, pressure & vacuum, and sample & temperature control
Capillary Temperature Control - Efficient CE separations rely on precise capillary temperature regulation to manage Joule heating within capillary. Proper temperature control plays important role in repeatability of analysis.
- Recirculating liquid coolant provides effective heat dissipation when performing assays
- Capillary temperature can be regulated between 15 - 60°C.
- Capillaries housed in cartridges facilitating temperature control and easy exchange of capillary dimensions and surfaces
Sample Temperature Control - Settable temperature between 4 - 60°C helps maintain sample stability or perform functional assays.
Multiple Modes of Sample Introduction and Separation - The P/ACE MDQ Plus provides electrokinetic, pressure and vacuum introduction of samples. Introduction from either end of the capillary allows both ultrafast and high-resolution analyses.
- Separations can be adjusted by varying voltage, current, pressure and vacuum
- Combination of voltage and pressure ensures the buffer stays free of air bubbles which can be generated from outgassing
Variable Pressure and Vacuum - The internal fluidic system operates with all common rinsing protocols, regulating these with a pressure-handling capability of -5 to 100 p.s.i.
- Capillary conditioning accomplished by moving specific volumes of electrolytes, gels, regenerants and cleaning solutions through capillary
- Gel buffers are quickly and efficiently pumped into capillary
Our capillary electrophoresis (CE) technology is used in numerous applications including academic research, industry, small molecule drug development and quality control.
Forensics / Drug Screening - While the highly polar nature of basic pharmaceuticals makes Liquid Chromatography complex, CE has the ability to excel at such separations. The robust nature of this tool and the ruggedness of this particular approach are appropriate for screening protocols used in forensic toxicology.
Image: Highly resolved separation of 20 basic drugs using low pH, where the capillary surface is essentially neutral and the amine functional groups on the solutes are maximally ionized.
Food and Beverage Manufacturing - The MDQ Plus, provides in-depth analysis of food compounds including anions, cations, organic acid content, and protein integrity, to better manage product process consistency, taste, quality, storage conditions, safety, adulteration and authentication.
Image: Analysis of white wine, revealing quantifiable compounds that effect the taste and feel.
Petrochemicals - Analysis of anion and cation content gives you a better understanding of the chemical makeup of petroleum and related products. For example highly purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and its esters are major components in the production of plastics and fibers like polyethylene glycol and polyester. The purity of PTA has a direct effect on the quality and color of the end products.
Image: With the P/ACE MDQ Plus, sensitive, reproducible, high resolution separations are achieved quickly, characterizing PTA and its major impurities.
Biofuels - The P/ACE MDQ plus already excels in ion analysis and is a natural fit for biofuel production. The fermentation of lignocellulosic biomass to ethanol is an attractive route to fuels that supplements the fossil fuels.ncorporating, ion analysis, protein purity assays, isoelectric focusing and sugar analysis by capillary electrophoresis is invaluable in monitoring the fermentation and purification processes used in ethanol production.
Image: CE Analysis of lignocellulosic biomass derived organic acids.
Water Quality and Environmental - With ever-increasing water demands, quick and efficient identification of impurities, analytes or other contaminating molecules within a water sample is a key step in managing the safety of our water supply. Water is also a vital component in industrial production of semiconductors, metal plating, and is used in large volumes in nuclear power plants and pulp and per mills. The P/ACE MDQ Plus identifies analytes that lead to corrosion as well as contaminants that contribute to downstream environmental pollution.
Image: Separation performance of the P/ACE MDQ Plus in under 5 min demonstrating use in identifying Inorganic Anions in water.
View the product number catalog for part number look up or product descriptions:
CE Consumables Price Lists.