Innovative peptide-tagging chemistry: The mTRAQ® Reagents are non-isobaric, peptide-labeling reagents that enable you to label all primary amines, regardless of peptide class. The mTRAQ® Reagents are an extension of the iTRAQ® Reagent technology and are chemically identical, aside from isotope content (Figure 1). Peptides labeled with different mTRAQ® Reagents have identical retention times and ionization characteristics but different masses (0, 4, or 8 amu mass difference for triplex-labeled, arginine-containing peptides, and 0, 8, or 16 for lysine-containing peptides). Multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) quantitation is performed using the non-isobaric, sequence-specific ions, instead of reporter ions, for higher specificity in complex mixtures.
High-confidence biomarker verification using robust methodology: Obtain robust performance with Global Internal Standard (GIS) methodology. The GIS is prepared by labeling pooled samples with mTRAQ® Reagent Δ8. This GIS is then spiked into individual samples labeled with mTRAQ® Reagent Δ0 or mTRAQ® Reagent Δ4 prior to MRM analysis (Figure 2). This internal standard process offers significant benefits such as:
- Enables normalization and comparison across
- Many samples
- Entire duration of the project
- Multiple instruments/multiple laboratories
- Corrects for experimental inconsistencies
- Injection inconsistencies
- Changes in MS performance
- Changes in LC performance
- Most economical approach
- Quantitation of a large number of proteins and peptides is enabled by providing a more cost-effective way to create internal standards
- mTRAQ® Reagents Triplex will double sample throughput
Complete solution for targeted quantitative proteomics: One key advantage of being able to analyze hundreds of compounds a week is that you can quickly build a substantial database of optimization conditions. The optimized conditions for a given compound is stored by DiscoveryQuant™ Software in a networked database, which can then be used at any time, in any location, with other mass spectrometers – a significant advantage for pharmaceutical companies in the age of globally-connected data.