This means that the software's communication to the hardware has been interupted. This alert is likely caused by:
- The USB cable being pulled out of the computer
- The LC the power has been disconnected or turned off to the power supply
- The LC has improper grounding to the MS source
To fix this follow these steps:
- Observe whether the LED on the power supply is illuminated, if not turn the power ON.
- Observe whether the LED on the HPLC is illuminated, if not turn the power ON.
- Check that the USB cable is connected to both the LC and the computer.
- If hybrid electrodes are in use and the column heater is not, make sure there is a grounded point between the SS union on the electrode and LC injection.
- If improper grounding is suspected, properly ground the SS union on the probe, deactivate the Analyst profile, cycle the LC power, then reinitialize the hardware profile. It is likely no permanent damage was caused to the LC hardware if MS source voltage caused the communication error.