Driven by proven Linear Accelerator™ Trap technology, the QTRAP 6500 LC-MS/MS System enables powerful, unique workflows that deliver a new level of confidence in your data:
- MRM3 workflows for reduced sample cleanup and labor intensive chromatography methods
- Comprehensive peptide sequence confirmation and simplified MRM assay development for peptide quantitation
- Simultaneous quantitation and library searching using the unique TripleTrap™ Scanning for contaminant analysis
- An increase of 100-fold in full-scan sensitivity over triple quadrupole instruments for greater confidence in forensic toxicology applications
The QTRAP 6500 System is exceedingly-sensitive, sharply-focused – backed by the integrity and quality of the SCIEX brand.
IonDrive Technology – pushing the limits of sensitivity: The QTRAP 6500 Series adopts an intelligent approach to increasing the limits of quantitation with patented IonDrive Technology, simultaneously targeting three critical areas of enhancements in the 6500 Series, ruggedly driving performance improvements and unrivaled sensitivity:
- The production of more ions with the newly-designed IonDrive Turbo V Source
- The capture and transmission of more ions with the unique IonDrive QJet Guide
- The detection of more ions with the new IonDrive High Energy Detector
Produce more ions: The next generation IonDrive Turbo V Source increases ion production using enhanced, gas-flow dynamics and optimized heater configurations while improving reliability, reproducibility, and robustness. The IonDrive Turbo V Source maintains the quick-change atmospheric-pressure chemical ionization (APCI) and TurboIonSpray Probes as well as the new, low-dispersion electrodes for use with micro-flow UHPLC applications. From 5 µL/min to 3mL/min, the IonDrive Turbo V Source is the perfect match for narrow bore, standard bore, and UHPLC flow rates.
Focus and transmit more ions: The patented and re-optimized IonDrive QJet Guide improves ion containment and collisional focusing through a dual-stage design that captures and focuses ions with incredible efficiency. With a larger internal radius in the first stage that improves the capture of ions and a narrower internal radius on the second stage that increases the ion transmission efficiency into Q0, the new design is able to introduce many more ions into the analyzer.
Detect more ions: The new IonDrive High Energy Detector maintains the benefit of pulse-counting fundamentals to deliver accuracy, precision, and ultra-sensitivity at low concentrations while increasing the linearity at higher count rates.
Faster MRM3-enhanced selectivity: MRM3 workflows provide enhanced quantitative selectivity when high background or challenging co-eluting interferences make standard MRM-based quantitation difficult. This type of higher-selectivity workflow can facilitate the quantitation of tryptic peptides in complex matrices and help avoid the need for labor-intensive chromatography methods. The multi-component IonDrive Technology provides newly-added enhancements in the speed of MRM3 analysis, making this selectivity workflow ideal for UHPLC time scales.
Unmatched, simultaneous quantitative and qualitative analysis
TripleTrap Scanning with QTRAP Technology: Unique to SCIEX mass spectrometric platforms, QTRAP technology delivers a 100-fold increase in full-scan sensitivity over basic triple quadrupoles, enhancing qualitative workflows while the advantage of simultaneous quantitation and library-searching workflows.
- Simultaneously acquire MRM spectra and perform full-scan library searches for non-targeted contaminants
- Achieve a 100-fold increase in full-scan sensitivity over triple quadrupoles providing an enhanced level of confidence for forensic toxicology applications
- Boost selectivity with quantitative MRM3 workflows – and reduce the need for extensive sample cleanup
- Obtain comprehensive peptide sequence confirmation and simplify MRM assay development for peptide quantitation
High-confidence library searching and fast eQ™ Electronics for UHPLC: The 6500 Series uses proven eQ Electronics, delivering polarity switching speeds of 20 msec and scan speeds of up to 20,000 Da/sec and creating a potent solution for detecting unexpected contaminants. Combined with a single comprehensive library of thousands of QTRAP Spectra for library matching, contaminants at the lowest levels can be confidently identified on a UHPLC time scale.