Industry leader continues to collaborate and innovate to place the future of research in their customers’ hands
Framingham, MA — SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today released new innovative LC-MS/MS solutions that will allow scientists around the world to simplify their work, while accelerating their research. New SCIEX innovations include; the BioBA Solution, the first end-to-end solution for bioanalysis of biologics, the Lipidizer™ Platform, the first all-in-one solution for accurate and meaningful next-generation lipidomics, and the OneOmics™ Project, the commercialization of a beta program with Illumina® that brings multi-omics data and collaboration to the cloud. Also launching is the ExionLC™ Series, a new analytical flow liquid chromatography (LC) product family, designed as a companion for SCIEX high-performance mass spectrometry (MS) systems. These tools were unveiled during the American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) conference in St. Louis where the company featured its wide range of technologies, and the expert analysis and consulting needed to place the power of life-changing answers into the hands of scientists.
The innovations added to SCIEX’s comprehensive portfolio, include:
- BioBA Solution – This new solution provides a comprehensive collection of components that are necessary for generating robust, reproducible and sensitive bioanalytical data, and is designed to turn the complexities of biologics bioanalysis into a simple process for expert and non-expert bioanalytical scientists. The BioBA solution is comprised of sample preparation kits for biologics quantification, a fully automated Biomek® liquid handler from Beckman Coulter, a robust LC (ExionLC) with outstanding resolution and a sensitive SCIEX triple quadrupole MS, and a set of iMethod™ applications that make implementation simple. This solution is supported by SCIEX’s expertise in bioanalysis, and team of experts from around the globe.
- Lipidizer™ Platform – A powerful new next-generation lipidomics solution that enables scientists to rapidly identify and quantify over one thousand lipid molecular species and is expected to play a role in researching diseases including cardiovascular disease, diabetes and neurodegenerative disorders. Built on SCIEX technology, and powered by Metabolon know-how, the Lipidyzer Platform includes newly developed sample preparation kits, SCIEX separations technologies and mass spectrometry, software, and data analysis services powered by one of the global leaders in metabolomics, Metabolon®.
- OneOmics™ Project – Announced as a beta program last year, this exclusive partnership with Illumina brings together SWATH®-based next-generation proteomics (NGP) and Illumina next-generation sequencing (NGS) tools in a cloud computing environment. After collaboration with a range of customers and thought leaders from around the globe, a commercial version of the SCIEX applications for BaseSpace® is now available. At ASMS 2015, Illumina and SCIEX officially launched the project and hosted a workshop on "Next- Generation Omics in the Cloud: the OneOmics Project in BaseSpace".
- ExionLC™ Systems – A dependable and expandable LC product series from SCIEX that supports the most challenging method development and sample analysis applications through exemplary robustness and carryover performance. By combining streamlined quality methods, industry-proven Analyst software, and exemplary LC-MS/MS technology, your lab can now quickly take advantage of ultimate sample throughput and advanced method accuracy and reliability. The product series includes:
- ExionLC 100 System: A complete, simplified and affordable HPLC that enables LC-MS users in food & beverage analysis to easily get from sample-in to result-out. An economic system that is ready to use right out of the box.
- ExionLC AC System: A complete, highly expandable solution for varied applications in the academic research laboratory that reliably handles sample sets around the clock.
- ExionLC AD System: Superior expandability, robustness and carryover performance for the most challenging pharmaceutical method development and sample analysis applications.
SCIEX will also feature recent innovative products and solutions in Pharmaceutical discovery and Multi-omics:
- BioPharmaView™ 1.5 Software – The latest version of this powerful software fully utilizes QTOF technology’s capabilities to offer researchers increased confidence with the biologics LC-MS workflow. BioPharmView 1.5 Software comes with new features and benefits that speeds up analysis, and reveals information that was previously inaccessible without significant manual work, enabling critical time savings while improving the quality and acceleration of decision making process.
- SCIEX and Hepregen MetID Solution – A co-marketing agreement to cooperatively deliver a new metabolite identification (MetID) solution for drug metabolism scientists that provides an extensive view into in vitro data to enable researchers to generate, identify and analyze metabolites in one simple workflow. Customers are guided through the entire workflow, including report generation, with an easy-to-use software solution from start to finish.
"SCIEX continues to collaborate with best-in-class industry partners and Key Opinion Leaders in order to deliver advanced integrated solutions that address customer workflow challenges"; said Jean-Paul Mangeolle, President of SCIEX. "The new solutions we launched at ASMS this year are uniquely designed to enable our customers to gain insights that will lead to greater discoveries."
Throughout the ASMS conference, SCIEX will continue showcasing customer success utilizing its innovative platforms, at booth # 21 and in their hospitality suite Majestic Ballroom D, Renaissance Grand Hotel. In addition, scientists from the company will be demonstrating ways to accelerate and improve workflows on a variety of instruments with oral presentations, users meetings, workshops, and over 50 posters.
Follow SCIEX at ASMS on Twitter and tweet with hashtag #SCIEXWORLD.