At SCIEX, we are working diligently to best prepare for the effects of COVID-19. The health and well-being of our associates, customers and community remain our top priority.
We are closely following direction from various international health organizations and government agencies. SCIEX has a pandemic business continuity plan (“BCP”) in place and our network of external experts, suppliers and partner organizations are providing us with vital, real-time information to help us keep you informed.
Our commitment to you
While there is still uncertainty, we are doing everything possible to minimize the impact to you and your lab.
- Currently, we do not anticipate disruption in our ability to provide services or goods due to COVID-19.
- We are already working closely with a number of suppliers who have activated their own BCP processes and continue to monitor the situation closely.
- Informing us of your needs as soon as possible will help SCIEX plan to fulfill your requirements.
- Our service and support teams will continue the following essential activities, where we are still permitted to do so:
- Repairs upon customer request
- Mandatory preventative maintenance to ensure safety or results (e.g. test results)
- Installations with user training
- Delivery of mission critical supplies that require an associate
- Customer validation/qualification services
- If there are instances where preventative maintenance or user training could be postponed, we will work with you to rearrange those visits at a later date.
- Your SCIEX representative will check in advance before planning any visit to ensure our measures comply with your policies.
Enhanced remote support
In addition to continuing onsite activities where permitted, we are enhancing our remote customer support options to provide you with more tools, expertise and troubleshooting when you need it.
Free Software Licenses for Home Use
- Temporary software licenses are available for any of our software products here.
- Simply choose the software package you need and then “Request Trial”.
Remote technical support
Remote monitoring service
Virtual service visits
- In some cases it may be possible to troubleshoot resolutions and repairs using online video tools and your SCIEX representative will assess this on an individual case basis
- In many cases, it is possible to conduct virtual site software validations services using online video tools
- Advance some of your LC-MS/MS and CE skills with Learning Hub online training channels.
- Take a Learning Hub Success Virtual course for personalized software training.
- Training purchased Jan - Jun 2020 will be valid for 18 months (instead of 12 months).
Keeping you and our associates safe
SCIEX has implemented measures recommended by international health organizations and government agencies to help keep you and our associates safe.
- SCIEX has implemented a pandemic business continuity plan to protect the health and well-being of our associates and customers.
- We have restricted cross-border travel for all SCIEX associates to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- All associates are required to follow local government public health directives in addition to following our own internal pandemic protocols.
- We have asked our associates to practice social distancing and work from home where possible.
- We have increased housekeeping schedules and disinfection procedures within our facilities.
- Hygiene stations and resources are made available throughout our sites.
- Currently, there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 on products or packaging. Government agencies have confirmed that the likelihood of COVID-19 virus transmission through commercial product shipment is extremely low.
As always, it’s our goal to meet customer needs and to deliver without disruption. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and we appreciate your patience and collaboration.
All the best and stay safe,
Your SCIEX Team
Remote work checklist and instrument shutdown procedures
Instrument shutdown procedures
If you need to leave the lab for an extended period, we recommend you put your system in standby mode. If you must shut it down, it is vital that you follow the step-by-step procedures outlined in the product users guide, otherwise you may encounter problems upon restart.
You can locate the user guide for your instrument on this directory page. When you visit the page, use the “Filter Your Search” section on the left to select your desired language and your specific product model. This will display the appropriate user guide for your system. All user guides contain a detailed shut down and venting procedure.
Videos of the shutdown procedure are also included in several Learning Hub courses. Click your instrument type to access your course:
For TripleTOF Systems it is recommended to leave the gas supply on while the instrument is off.
For your LC, please refer to your user guide for the correct shutdown procedure.
If you feel uncomfortable conducting any of these procedures, please contact SCIEX Now™ support
What to consider if you are preparing your instrument to function remotely
- Will all utility services for the instrument remain available such as gas and electricity?
- Can you remotely access the Analyst® Software acquisition PC?
- Can you stop the system remotely if an error or issue occurs?
- Is your LC prepared with mobile phase and are your needle wash levels checked?
- Are your LC columns in good condition for the entire run?
- Check your spray and electrode condition before starting samples.
- Are your samples and standards correctly prepared and loaded into your rack changer?
- Confirm your StatusScope® Remote Monitoring Service app or desktop login details are correct in order to view last chromatogram or stop sample queue, if required.
- Share the emergency shutdown procedure with your facility coordinator.
We will continue to do everything we can to provide you with help and support throughout this challenging time.
3 months of complementary StatusScope Remote Monitoring Service
In our continuing effort to support you and your lab during the COVID-19 situation, we will provide 3 months of StatusScope® Remote Monitoring Service and telephone/online support at no cost.
What does StatusScope do?
StatusScope is a real-time instrument monitoring service designed to give you end-to-end visibility on the critical parameters of your instruments, anytime from anywhere. It proactively notifies both you and SCIEX support staff of potential instrument problems—allowing prompt support to minimize downtime. It also enables you to view your sample queues, most recent chromatogram and asset utilization remotely. The StatusScope Remote Monitoring Service client initiates all communication—which is secure and unidirectional—from inside your firewall.
Do I get access to technical support if I run into issues with my instrument?
Yes. During the 3-month program you will have full access to telephone/online support through SCIEX Now™. Our technical specialists are available to answer questions about hardware, software and applications.
What does it take to install StatusScope?
To take advantage of this 3-month service at no charge, please contact SCIEX Now, or register online at the Request Support page:
- Select “Instrument Support” for Issue Type
- Add your instrument serial number
- Add “Register StatusScope” for the Subject
- Click “Submit a New Case”
Our support team will reach out to you regarding the agent installation and answer any questions you may have.
Learn More About StatusScope >