Framingham, MA — SCIEX a global leader in life science analytical technologies, introduces the fully integrated SCIEX OS Software, the core engine running SCIEX innovations. Today, SCIEX OS Software becomes available on the Echo® MS System and the SCIEX Triple Quad™ 7500 LC-MS/MS System – QTRAP® Ready.
“SCIEX OS Software has made mass spec more accessible. Instrumentation may be more complicated, but the beauty of SCIEX OS Software is that it’s straightforward,” says Rachel Rowlinson, Specialist in Protein Mass Spectrometry at Peak Proteins. “My team can deconvolute technically complicated data. The OS has been a big driving force for moving efficiency within groups like ours.”
With an intuitive and user-friendly design, SCIEX OS Software powers up mass spectrometry for every user. Key features include:
- Usability – Data analysis becomes easy with shared tools, automation and reduced manual intervention.
- Auto-detection of sample failures results in auto-corrective action.
- Review by exception flags mean less manual checking of results.
- Efficiency – Results are optimized with powerful integration algorithms.
- Peak modelling improves peak finding and integration, requiring less user input and therefore reduces time for data review.
- Automated result checking and outlier removal minimizes the time it takes to establish an approved calibration range.
- Integrity - Intuitive audit trails ensure full traceability and accountability to achieve data precision, completeness and consistency across every run, on every system.
“Software at times is equally if not more important than the instrument itself. In situations where the amount of samples analyzed is key, having complex software that bottlenecks the operation is not ideal,” says Wim Broer, Manager of Science and Development at Nofalab. “The new SCIEX OS Software, specifically on the 7500 System has seen significant improvements. The organization is better and it’s easier to set up methods.”
Dominic Gostick, Vice President of LCMS adds, “The confidence and enthusiasm customers have voiced for SCIEX OS Software reinforces our plan to build this platform as our core software offering. In fact, future integrations with our other systems will be available later this year. While we continue to innovate, we recognize the challenges posed by validation and are committed to supporting our customers through the transition.”
“When we switched to SCIEX OS, we also implemented network acquisition so that remote access to the data and remote processing would be possible. With the concurrent licensing model, we could leverage licenses within our organization in Belgium and across the ocean with US colleagues. In times of COVID where a lot of people have to work remotely, it has given us a lot of benefit,” says Marc De Meulder, Senior Bioanalytical Scientist within the Development Bioanalysis group of Janssen R&D in Belgium.
To learn more about SCIEX OS Software, visit www.sciex.com/powerup.